- Region:- Uttarakhand
- Duration:- 7 Days
- Grade:- Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude :- 12,000 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 44-54 Kms. (on foot)
How to reach:
- Har ki dun trek By road: By road is the most preferred method to go here, since it is a well-connected route. Sankri, which is the starting point of this trek, is 200 km from Dehradun. From Delhi, it is 432 km.
- Har ki dun trek By Bus: Delhi to Dehradun is well connected. Instead of private buses, government ISBT buses from Kashmere Gate are more preferred.
- Har ki dun trek By air: The nearest airport to Har ki Doon is Jolly grant airport, with a distance of 250 km from Sankri. From here, you will have to take a cab or taxi.
- Har ki dun trek By train: Dehradun railway station, which is about 230 km far from Har ki Dun basecamp, is the farthest you can get by train. You will have to once again travel by cab/ taxi.
- Breakdown: Dehradun-Sankri – Taluka – Osla (campsite) -Osla – Har ki Doon (campsite) – Har ki Doon – Osla – Sankri – Dehradun.
Highlights in Har ki Dun trek:
- The mesmerizing beauty and kaleidoscopic ever-changing view. Every season holds a different view, the valley completely changes into something new. Although, from summers to post-monsoon, this place is believed to be at its best.
- Suitable for beginners as the trail is not that difficult.
- Pocket friendly.
- Rich in history and culture, it is famous as the “valley of Gods” for its astonishing beauty. This trek is believed to be the trail that Pandavs took and the land ruled by Duryodhan.
- A vast spread of Orchids and especially rhododendrons cover the valley. Har ki dun trek is a delight and a dream come true for nature lovers with the flourishing flora and fauna it offers.
- Swargarohini group of peaks is visible from this trail- the snowpack which is believed to be the stairway to heaven.
- Springwater points, alpine forests, and meadows are present at various points throughout the journey.
The beauty of Garhwal is captured by the Har ki Dun trek, lying at the feet of Fateh Parvat. It takes us from breathtaking meadows and orchid fields to crystal clear glaciers of Maninda Tal and Juanda.
Although this trek is open for all the seasons, during monsoons and midwinters it can be quite tricky. The reason being the heavy rains and chilly weather that may not be suitable for everyone- especially beginners. But, for all those who truly want to enjoy the nature and environment here, the recommended time period is round the year except monsoon.
The snowy season is from Dec to April though. It is also suitable for camping and bonfire.The mesmerizing beauty and kaleidoscopic ever-changing view. Every season holds a different view, the valley completely changes into something new. Although, from summers to post-monsoon, this place is at its best.
Things to keep in mind:
- The climber should have a good physical condition. Stamina should be enough to walk on an elevated surface for an average of 5 km.
- A medical checkup before climbing, especially during monsoons is good advice. For people who have heart problems, high blood pressure, poor stamina(weak body), asthma or epilepsy this trek can be highly dangerous.
- Pack light(10-15 kg), wear clothes according to the season. The temperature falls at the peak even during summers, so bear that in mind.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Eat your meals on time.
- Travel in groups, as there is no network in the higher altitudes and if lost, it may be a big problem.
- The oxygen level drops as the higher altitudes approach, so even at the slightest stress, do call out to your trail leader and get back to the basecamp.
Things to expect from Har ki doon trek:
- Exquisite view of the gorgeous hanging valley from the top of the mountain.
- If you want, then you may extend the route to the stunning“ Ruinsara Tal”. This will take a couple more days on your journey.
- A peek into the peaks of Swargarohini – I, II, III, Bandarpoonch, and Black peak. People often find themselves in the clouds here!
- Explore through the ancient villages of a cultural history of more than 2,000 years ago!
- Amazing locations for photography for all the shutterbugs out there.
This round trail type track is
So, are you all set for this fun-packed ride?
Have a great journey!