When you get the Microsoft Office 2016, you will be enthralled with the new features that will help you get things done just within fewer steps and swiftly. You can easily work in collaboration with others with this office suite and you can take your documents along with you wherever you go. But, before buying any edition of Microsoft Office 2016, you should really understand the different editions available and how will they help different categories of people, such that you can make your choice based on your requirements and profession.
Similar to that of its predecessors, Office 2016 is also made available in different editions aimed at meeting the requirements of different categories of users. Like the traditional editions of the Office suite, this suite also has core applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. Here is the list of 5 different editions of Office 2016 for Windows PC:
- Home & Student, which comes only with core applications.
- Home & Business, which comes not just with core applications, but also with Microsoft Outlook.
- Standard: This edition is available only through volume licensing channels. In addition to the core applications, this edition comes with Publisher and Outlook as well.
- Professional: In addition to the core applications, this edition has Publisher, Outlook and also MS Access.
- Professional Plus: This is also available only through volume licensing channels. Along with the applications present in Professional edition, this edition also has Skype for Business.
Editions for Mac:
As far as Mac is concerned, Office 2016 comes in the following editions:
- Home & Student: Has core applications alone
- Home & Business: Along with core applications, it has Outlook
- Standard: Comes with core applications and Outlook and is available only as volume licensing channels.
Office 365 as you know is a subscription service. This service was introduced by Microsoft with the aim of meeting the requirements of anywhere access of their documents and files of business and enterprise users. Then, these services were expected to Office 2016 to encompass new plans that are aimed at meeting the requirements of home users. The subscriptions will permit the user of Office 2016 applications to use the applications along with multiple users with the help of software as a service model. Varied plans are available for Office 365 and some of them come with value-added services like 60 Skype calling minutes each month, 1 TB of storage per month on OneDrive, etc.
The design of Office 365 for Windows:
As far as UI design of Office 2016 for a PC with Windows operating system is concerned, there are relatively not many changes as compared to the past versions. It continues to have a flat design, which was released by the Microsoft with the Metro Design Language. However, some minor modifications can be seen in the layout. These changes are done by Microsoft to make sure that the users can access the applications of Office 2016 through mobile phones as well.
Understanding what is included in the different editions of Office 2016 is important so that you can easily choose the one that has applications that will be useful for you. After comparing, never forget to use Microsoft Office 2016 Promo Code Canada to avail discounts on your shopping for this suite from Canada.