India, the second-most populous country in the world and the fifth-largest economy, has always been steeped in culture and traditions. But it is what you would expect from a civilisation that is more than 5,000 years old.
However, like all things, modernity will alter some of the customs. For example, themed parties in India have become more popular. This is a huge leap for the industry, which has been facing constraints due to the rigid traditions. For instance, birthday parties held outside the home are not common. Typically kids wear their new clothes, go to a shrine to be blessed, and probably eat a birthday meal with their parents and immediate families.
But traditions often give way to change. Now, you have western-themed parties in India being held in restaurants and arcade zones.
To date, there is a game zone in India that has 30 branches in Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune Noida, Chennai, Kolkata, Goa, Siliguri, Raipur, and Patna, among others. And some are part of the arcade gaming industry.
If this is the first time you are throwing a birthday party in a game zone India, here are some things you need to know about:
- Everything is free — During the arcade-themed party, all the guests are allowed to play every arcade game or activity inside the gaming zone. Adults can also play games, which is a good way to bond with their kids. But you must always make way for the kids if they want to take turns. It is their party, after all.
- Time is limited — Typically, you rent out the whole place for three hours. If you are preparing a program, make it short. Also, make sure to give time for the birthday celebrant to thank all the people who attended the party.
- Food is typically not included — It depends on the outlet. Some arcade zones will include snacks and drinks in the package. Others do not. Clarify this with the company. If not, you do not need to prepare a full meal for all the kids. They won’t have time to eat since they are more interested in playing. Snacks will do. You can bring your cake, too.
- Party favours are included in the packages — Arcade merchandise, PowerPlay cards, and some other tokens are included in the loot bag to be handed to the birthday guests before they leave. However, you can also prepare your own loot bag if you have the budget.
- You are responsible for your kids — You need to watch out for your kids because, although the arcade has employed all safety measures, accidents sometimes cannot be avoided. The company is not responsible for any incidents involving the birthday guests and the celebrant. That is why each kid needs to have his or her own guardian present. You always go +1 when sending out invitations, and you want to secure their confirmation days before the event.
Lastly, you are expected to have fun. Simply step back and allow the birthday celebrant to enjoy their party. In the end, they will have a memorable party, and it’s going to be the talk of the classroom for days.
Julian Carter is a farmer of words in the field of creativity. She is an experienced independent content writer with a demonstrated history of working in the writing and editing industry. She is a multi-niche content chef who loves cooking new things.