Online education is a learning system that uses computer and internet services to impart formal teaching and training. Improvement in internet connectivity and digitalization has led to the growth of the market for online education in India. This form of education can be provided in various ways such as online courses, certification courses, massive open online courses (MOOCCs) and blended courses.
According to research by a leading market company, corporate tie-ups have helped in the creation of content that has led to the increased acceptance of the online education market in India. The e-learning sector has gained massive momentum in India over the last few years. These numbers are testimony to how online learning is emerging as a preferred mode of education among students in India.
Besides providing quality and convenient education to students, online education provide other tangible benefits. Parents have surprisingly been receptive to the novel and unconventional mode of delivering education.
Why are parents choosing online learning programs over traditional mode of education?
- Convenience: this is pretty obvious. Parents do not need to drop their children to a school or college. They can study or hone their skills in the comfort of their homes and according to their suitability. Parents will be at peace and concentrate on their daily work, knowing that their children are getting the required personalized support they need to excel. On the other hand, children feel more at ease and in control of the entire education process and they can take charge of their studies.
- Flexibility in schedule: online learning programs allow parents to teach their children at any time and from anywhere. Online education offer the same benefits as traditional teaching methods, while ensuring that the syllabus and curriculum is top-notch. Children do not need to wait till the teacher begins the class, and parents do not need to wait to see their children succeed.
- Lower cost: when compared to traditional education, online education is cost-effective. E-learning is economical due to reduced training time, lower tuition fee, no time and money spent on travelling and free study material readily available online. Children are free from the mental and physical exhaustion associated with long hours of travel and sitting in the classroom.
- Accessibility: many kids are shy of asking questions in class. This is taken care of with the help pf online education. There is a certain level of anonymity, creating a safe zone for shy students. Students can ask questions without the fear of being judged, hence building up their self-esteem and confidence. This confidence helps them to do well in academics and extra-curriculum.
- Multiple courses to choose from: the subjects and courses offered online are varied and interesting. Students have the freedom to choose the subjects based on their preference.
- Excellent teachers: online learning gives students the opportunity to study from the best teachers in the business. They do not need to spend a fortune on premier schools, unlike the traditional mode of studying.
The online education market in India offers updated content and curriculum. The content online is update frequently and easily available. With the wide range of benefits, online learning programs are appreciated and quite popular among Indian children and their parents.