When we talk about the most widely used flooring options then most of us would instantly think about tiles. Tiles can really pump up the beauty of a home, particularly the look of your bathroom and kitchen. In the market, there is no dearth of designs for the tiles, and you can choose one as per the decor of your home, or as per your personal preference. But, no matter which design you choose, it is important to make use of grout.
Grout is the paste kind of material which is applied over the tiles in order to keep them tightly locked at their position. But, it is vital to clean the grout in order to make the tiles look impressive and beautiful. Grouts can easily get stained and dirty, and if you do not clean them, it will surely ruin the cleanliness of your living space. The tiles would look old and dirty, even if they are absolutely clean. So, let us have a look at some points regarding tile and grout cleaning.
When it comes to cleaning the tiles and grout, there is no need to spend hours scrubbing them. Without breaking a sweat, you can easily make the tiles look clean and in perfect condition. Here, methods matter more than the cleaning agent. Below are some of the tips you can follow:
• Take a dry mop or broom to wipe across the tiles on the floor. You can also use a dry cloth in the case of wall tiles. This is the first step for cleaning the tile and grout. It will help you do away with the dust particles that get accumulated with the passage of time.
• Now, apply the cleaning agent to the grout, and make sure all the regions are covered thoroughly. It may happen that the grout would soak the cleaning solution; so, in that case, you will have to apply the cleaning solution on a regular basis. It is important to cover the crevices properly.
• Once you have covered the grout with the cleaning solution, leave the same for around half an hour. It would loosen up the stains on the tile and grout, which will make it easier for you to wipe off the dirt.
• Now, using a brush containing hard bristles, scrub the tile and the grout. If you browse through the online stores, you can easily find reasonable and handy grout brushes. But, in case you do not have one, you can also make use of an old toothbrush. Quite obviously, a toothbrush will not cover a large area, and hence you will have to work more.
• After scrubbing the grout, simply rinse the tile floor with clean water, and then allow it to dry. In the case of stubborn stains on the grout, you may have to repeat the same cleaning method on a regular basis. If you clean the tile and grout at least once in a month, you will definitely see good results.
There is no dearth of online suppliers and dealers of tile cleaners. You can purchase the specialized cleaning solutions from the online stores. In addition, you can also opt to create your own tile and grout cleaning agent right at your home. Water and baking soda are the only two ingredients that you would need for this purpose. For stubborn stains, you can also make use of an acid with mild strength. But, in order to avoid these hassles, it is better to purchase a cleaning solution from the market.