Do you have an interest in learning a new language in your free time? That’s really an interesting thing that you can do. Learning a new language is considered as the most productive thing that you can do when you get some free time from your busy schedules. However, you must be thinking that it is not as easy as it sounds because you may either need to attend its classes or you may not have information where to start, but we have come up with a list of Best Language Learning Apps for you.
But what if you come to know that there is an easy way to learn any new language at anytime and anywhere you find it convenient. Yes, it is a lot easier for you to learn any new language using your smartphone.
You just need to download the best free language learning apps and you are ready to start, but it is essential that you make a right choice while selecting apps for learning language.
To make it convenient for you, here is a complete list of the best language learning apps that you can install in your device to start learning a new language.
2017’s Best Language Learning Apps to Checkout
1. Duolingo: Learn Languages Free
Whenever you think about learning a new language, Duolingo is one of the widely used language learning apps that is free of cost. No matter whether you want to learn Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Irish, Greek, Hungarian, Hebrew or any other, Duolingo is a completely fun to get start with.
With this application, you can easily practice your speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills along with playing a game. You can improve your vocabulary and grammar skills by answering questions and completing lessons. You can begin with basic verbs, phrases, and sentences and learn new words even.
Top Features of Duolingo App:
- It’s completely free of cost and fun way to learn any new language.
- Practice your speaking, reading, listening and writing skills while playing a game
- It is an easy way to enhance your grammar skills and vocabulary by answering questions and finishing lessons.
2. Babbel – Learn Languages
Now, it becomes a lot simpler to learn French, Italian, German, Spanish, and many other languages with Babbel application. It is the most popular language learning application that gives a shortest path to real-life conversations in a new language.
The application is developed by the experts of language learning, and it has helped millions of people worldwide to speak a new language without any fear. More than 14 new languages can be learnt using this app and the lessons in the app covers useful topics from business to fun and travel.
Some Top Features of Babbel App:
- Courses at a variety of skill levels, making the app ideal for both beginners and more advanced learners.
- Robust Review Manager helps you retain new vocabulary
- It’s speech recognition technology can keep your pronunciation on point.
- Learning progress that’s synchronized across all
3. Phrasebook – Foreign Language Translator
Phrasebook is a foreign language translator that has many useful foreign phrases and works. In this application, when you tap a phrase, the application speaks it aloud.
Listen to pronunciation recorded by native speaker and then record and playback your own voice to practice your foreign language speaking skills. Ensure that you bring the application with you when travelling to foreign countries. Now, language barrier while travelling abroad will no longer exist.
Exclusive Range of Features of Phrasebook:
- Different useful foreign phrases and words
- Voice recording & playback
- Instant search by keyboards
- Pronunciation recorded by native speaker
- Customizable font size
4. Memrise: Learn a Foreign Language & New Vocabulary
Memrise is the best app that helps you to learn how to speak like a native as it will unlock your foreign language learning superpowers. You can study new words, grammar, and vocabulary with beginner and advanced reading and writing courses along with more than 15 million people worldwide.
By using this application, you can write, read, and speak Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French, and Korean. It is a next generation mobile learning that has more than 30000 native speaker videos and chat bots. Memrise offers an innovative approach to learning languages.
Exclusive Features of Memrise App:
- Beginner and advanced Spanish, Chinese, Italian and many other speaking, reading, and writing foreign language courses that expertly created by a dedicated team of linguists.
- Native Speaker Videos to learn a foreign language in context with no actors.
- Study Korean, German and other vocabulary with content designed to push the boundaries of learning technology.
5. ATi Studios – Learn Languages
ATi Studios allows users to learn more than 31 languages, including Spanish, English, American English, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Greek, Romanian, etc. You can learn languages with free lessons daily with Mondly.
In just minutes, you will start memorizing core words from sentences, learn phrases and take part in conversations. Fun language lessons enhance your vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation like no other language learning app.
Advance Features of ATi Studios App:
- Beginner or advanced learner, traveler or business professionals can learn different languages using this app.
- The app works great and dynamically adjusts to your needs.
- You can explore language exercises for reading, listening, writing and speaking, improved with a dictionary, verb conjugator and state-of-the-art speech recognition technology.
6. Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone is the top mobile language learning app by Macworld. It is the award-winning program that used by millions of people every single day. There are no flashcards, textbooks, boring memorization, just you need to spend few minutes of your day.
It allows you to learn a language anytime, anywhere through immersive, self-paced lessons, which introduce new skills in a way that stimulates your brain’s natural language learning ability.
Being an award-winning app, it is trusted by millions worldwide for 20+ years, including educational institutions and corporate clients.
Top Features of Rosetta Stone App:
- You can learn core language skills like speaking, reading, and listening.
- Automatic syncing: Continue your language lesson right where you left off from any of your iOS devices: desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Practical training as you can learn to think and speak on your feet with lessons based on everyday scenarios.
So, these are the top 6 language learning apps of 2017 that you can install in your device and learn different languages in your free time. You can learn any of the new language that you want to, but you ensure that you install above mentioned apps in your smartphone.
However, you can also develop your own apps for learning language if you have your own language learning app idea in your mind. You can discuss your idea with any mobile app development company that has hands-on experience in developing varied apps.