In the competitive world of commercial selling and trading, the best businesses use the latest technologies to survive. A few years ago, people were hesitant about using their phones in public places. The tide has changed and every business worth its salt has deep roots in the media sector.
The drawback of existing social media devices
The changes in the intrusion into the public life of the people began with the introduction of Facebook and Twitter. Of course, not everyone wants to use Facebook for their communication due to two or three reasons. One is that their confidential information might not remain private. Second, there is a limit on the usage with respect to the size of the files and the number of people whom you can accommodate comfortably.
Videoconferencing solutions for meetings
The way round is to use video conferencing for your communications. This is a wonderful way to stay in touches especially informal settings such as meetings and conferences. One of the leading brands is Cisco Video Conferencing solutions.
Distinct types of conferences
- With Cisco, you have several types of conferences. One is the Instant conferences that have the maximum possibility of occurrence. This is also known as ad hoc conferencing. It may have as little as two participants but they may add more participants to make it an Instant conference.
- The second type of conference is the permanent conference. These are predefined addresses that allow conferencing without any previous scheduling. They are also referred to as static, meet-me, and rendezvous conferencing. The address is with the conference host and others can call in at the address at any time. You have non-assured permanent conferences where the participants are served on a first-come-first-served basis. If you want guaranteed conference resources, it is advisable to use scheduled conferences.
- In scheduled conferences, the person who starts the conference is called the initiator. He uses a tool to know as Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS). You need to book your conferences through the Cisco TMS and state your start and end time. They may ask you to name the number of participants too.
- For those who use the Cisco Collaboration Meeting Room (CMR), they get a Cisco TMS portal to manage their items such as the layouts, conference name, and PINS. In most of these, the features resemble those of the permanent meeting room.
- Cisco CMR Hybrid is the next one on the list. This has all the features of the Schedule meeting room. In addition, you also have a link to the Cisco WebEx Meeting Centre. This allows users to WebEx and the TelePresence participants to join in a single call connected to the cloud.
You can use the same Cisco Multi-Party Video Routing servers to permit instant, permanent, scheduled, and CMR conferences to take place increasing the efficiency of the system.
They provide a satisfactory end-to-end solution for collaboration and video conferencing. It is particularly useful when you have a large user base or when you need high-clarity solutions. If you are a large organization that is spread throughout the country, it would be wise to invest in this type of communication hardware and software.