HTML5 is the latest version of HyperText Markup Language. It features the bulk of new elements that will make the web pages more semantic. The search engines, screen readers can navigate the pages and improve the web experience by making the web development services a lot easier and amazingly HTML5 has broad browser support, though it is still in developing state.
HTML5 has come into existence since 2008. The two companies were involved in its development. One is W3C (The World Wide Web) and the other is WHATWG (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group). Various web development companies and organizations are working and planning for their development.
API’s (Application Programming Interfaces)
In addition, it also includes APIs for several purposes like storing data, drawing graphics on the screen, dragging and dropping and many more.
HTML Drag and Drop
HTML Local Storage
HTML Application Cache
HTML Web Workers
New elements of HTML5
The new elements are created additionally to support new-digital media. These include <audio> and <video> elements which are enough for multimedia support. Some of the browsers also complete form validation using HTML.
New semantic elements are like <header>, <footer>, <section>, <article>.
New attributes of form elements are like number, date, time, range and calendar.
New graphic elements are graphic and canvas.
New multimedia elements are audio and video elements.
Have a look at certain things which differs HTML5 from HTML:
- There is only one doctype in HTML5. it is declared using <!doctype html> at the starting of the page. It is simply used to identify that it’s dealing with HTML.
- A new tag header is also introduced that wraps around introductory elements like search form, table content. Each header contains heading tags.
- The section tag is used to specify a section in the document. It can also wrap multiple types of markup and multiple section can be nested in each other.
- The navigation tag contains navigational elements like main navigation, site, and specialized navigation, etc.
- The footer tag contains additional information like contact, copyright, and further details.
As above mentioned HTML5 is in its developing state you will be able to use it more.