“One day is not enough to green our earth. Planting caring and love is also expecting our earth from us. Do it, It will heal not only the land but also your body and mind.”- Karthikeyan V
Due to increasing awareness, plants are quite a common sight, these days, be it across workplaces or homes. But do we even know how these green beauties like a money plant, lucky bamboo plant or any other plant help us to keep us healthy? Let’s dig deep and find out the ways in which it blesses our health.
- Improve Mental Health – These green beauties help to heal mental ailments like anxiety, depression, panic attacks, etc. by just catching a glimpse of it. Research claims people who are found to be spending more of their time around plants are more likely to be happy than those who don’t. Plants surround us in an environment which is serene peacefully, hence keeping the mental ailments at bay. Plants have phytoncides and other airborne chemicals, which are said to reduce the amount of stress one feels throughout the day.
- Boosts Immunity – During the flu season, many pieces of research have claimed plants to help boost our immunity. As when one gets more sleep and theory tend to feel more relaxed and their immune system is able to work properly. They will gather more power to fight the viruses/ germs better and more fiercely. By even eating a few of these greens, one can boost up their immunity and fight back the diseases like a pro. This is why plants are a common sight across various reputed hospitals and medical institutions.
- Improved Productivity – No new fact that a place without plants seems to be demotivating and dull. So, people like to decorate such spaces with lots of green plants. Where there are goals, there are plants. Simple! As plants eliminate stress and anxiety, it tends to increase our productivity by replacing it with determination and motivation to work hard towards our goals. It helps you to gain new inspiration and creativity thereby creating an ideal, positive environment to work in.
- Improves Relationships – If you are finding a way to smoothen out the rough patch of your relationship, then bring a plant home, today itself to see its magic. Just quite like the way pets make us happy, so do plants but by requiring nominal efforts to take care of them than our pets. While nurturing a plant, you might knowingly or unknowingly develop the sense of compassion, empathy and personal connection which is what helps you in even maintaining healthy human relationships.
- Improves Our Learning Abilities – As plants help to boost productivity, they also help to boost focus and mental clarity, which helps us focus better on our tasks at hand. They tend to make us humans attentive by 70% more. The phytonutrients help every individual to settle their minds, creating a safer space and environment for them to adapt effectively and learn.
So, these were a few ways in which plants help us to stay healthy. Other than these reasons, they even look into purifying the air and keep control in the humidity levels indoors. So, do we need more reasons to convince ourselves? We think not! So grab one, right away!