As we all know that there are a plethora of Management Colleges available for you, but how can you choose one amongst all of them is the most pragmatic confusion. Most of the students take this decision either by the suggestion of someone from their family or they choose any random college in which their cousin/friend studied. The decision of the Higher Educational Institute should be based on proper observation and research because the skills an institute can inculcate will become the reason for success in the future.
There are some parameters that students need to keep in mind while checking for colleges in the management domain. Read further to be a smart student while taking admission:
- Proper resources to develop competitive skills: A college should offer the resources to develop the skills required to survive in a dynamic environment like Management. After the completion of the MBA or PGDM students usually go for management in different firms and hence colleges offer PGDM in different specializations to suit the different needs of management. Students should look for all the available specializations of PGDM and also the faculty of the colleges. A college with an updated curriculum and experienced faculty can help students in exploring their hidden talents and interests.
- Field experience: Apart from an updated curriculum and experienced faculty a college should offer you some field experience too. Before taking admission in any college should check for all the activities a college is organizing, events, workshops, seminars, and other activities. Field experience instills confidence amongst students to face the challenging environment of the companies.
- Placement Support: Campus placement is the one most important thing for PGDM students because most of the students get placed in good firms even in their colleges. Hence, students are advised to check the past tense of colleges in terms of placement drives and compare which college invites more and giant firms.
There are plenty of other parameters too to judge which college is the best for you. Some parameters will be subjective because you can customize your preference on the basis of your location, fees, eligibility, and other factors. But students should check for colleges like NMIMS or Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies because this school of higher studies is famous for its management programs and facilities.
How NMIMS is one of the Best Choices for Management Students?
Distance PGDM is a 2-year program specially designed to give students an overview of the business structure and operations of the business. Its curriculum is designed to sharpen the management skills of management students in different areas. Hence NMIMS offers a postgraduate diploma in management studies with different specializations. Here is the list of all the PGDM specializations offered by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies:
- PGDM in Human Resource Management
- PGDM in Marketing Management
- PGDM in Business Management
- PGDM in Information Technology and Systems Management
- PGDM in Operations Management
- PGDM in Banking and Finance Management
- PGDM in Financial Management
- PGDM in International Trade Marketing
- PGDM in Retail Management
- PGDM in Supply Chain Management
The best part of the NMIMS is that the university offers all these courses via distance learning mode as well. Hence, students who cannot go for formal education but still want to enhance their skills can also do this. Click here for more info about NMIMS Distance PGDM course.
Resources that NMIMS provides you to make learning easy
NMIMS provides various facilities to up-skill yourself and you can become the type of manager you want to be. NMIMS provides live lectures to students who learn from the distance learning mode. They can also go for the recorded videos of lectures on the app, just in case they miss live lectures. NMIMS has a large campus of over 5,50,000 sq. ft and it is a landmark in Mumbai at Vile Parle. The institute provides academic excellence, innovative research, and faculty from top national and global institutes. The institute is famous for its publications and research. The aim of NMIMS is to create the research ecosystem to foster the spirit of inquiry. It excels in areas like developing research initiatives, creating a strong relationship with educational services of leading European and Asian countries.
Placement support provided by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Management students wait the entire year for campus placements because management skills require a touch of experience. The placement cell of any college helps students in providing assistance in getting jobs of their choice where they can challenge their theoretical skills. NMIMS is famous for its strong industry linkages with global firms and hence successful all the time to provide opportunities in international firms. NMIMS is a globalized center that provides a balanced exposure to learning, research, and practical aspects of the industry.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies is a program that has been designed to develop a deep understanding of the business structure and all the operations of the business model. PGDM forms a strong base for students who are willing to see themselves as future managers because this 2 years degree course inculcates skills like business communication, managerial and marketing skills, skills related to finance, and also students develop the ability to think logically and critically.
PGDM is a diploma course that comes with numerous specializations in different subjects so students can be specialized in whichever area they want because Management is a vast concept.
Students who are looking for a good college of PGDM should check out colleges like NMIMS because of the reasons mentioned above in this blog. Apart from this, you should keep in mind certain things while choosing a PGDM Course:
- Plan your career path: pursuing a postgraduate diploma after your graduation should be a decision taken after thorough observation. First, plan what you want to do in the long term and then decide which PGDM specialization can benefit you in achieving your long-term goal.
- Choose a college that is fully accredited and recognized by UGC: While choosing any PGDM college just keep in mind that college should be recognized by the University Grants Commission fully.
- Get the experience of the field along with the theoretical knowledge because management is all about applications of theory in the real business world.
I, Mahi Chauhan the new-gen Content Writer working with College Vidya, the unbiased distance education web portal. I play my share in imparting the knowledge of distance education to aspiring students who want to continue education in every aspect of life. We work on digging out the seashell from the shore that will definitely make you a pearl from one in millions.