National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology is the authority that conducts the Joint Entrance Examination for those candidates, who are interested to make their career in Hotel Management and Hospitality. With the help of this entrance, examination candidates can take admission for various courses such as B.SC Hospitality and Hotel Administration Program. This is the entrance examination which gets organized each year to grant the admission in the best colleges across the nation. The application forms have been made available from 12th December 2016.
- Application forms will be made available online from 12th December 2016
- Last Date to apply for the entrance exam falls on 14th April 2017
- Admit cards will be made available on official website from 19th April 2017 and onwards
- A written exam will be held on 29th April 2017
- The result will be declared in 3rd week of May 2017
- Counseling will initiate in 4th week of May 2017
- Academic Session will start on 17th July 2017
Candidates who all are interested to apply and appear for this entrance examination, they must have cleared 12th class from a recognized educational board. The candidates should have studied and cleared English as a mandatory subject.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class examination in the present year are eligible to apply for the NCHMCT Entrance Exam 2017 on a provisional basis
Candidate’s age should be 22 years as maximum age as on 1st July 2017 for general category and OBC category candidates
For SC/ST category candidates the maximum age limit to apply for the entrance exam is 25 years as on 1st July 2017
Candidates can download the admit card for the entrance exam from the official website. Admit cards will be made available from 2nd week of April 2017. Candidates are required to check it and in case of any discrepancy, it should immediately be brought in the notice of the exam authority.
During counseling, the candidates are required to carry the original document of age proof and if any candidate forgets to bring the proof, in that case, it will lead to cancellation of their admission.
- Physical Fitness-At the time of the admission, candidates are required to show a physical fitness certificate. The physical fitness certificate ought to be issued by a registered Medical Practitioner.
- Reservation of Seats-For SC candidates there is a reservation of 15% seats and for ST candidates there is a reservation of 7.5% seats in central and state government Institutes of Hotel Management.
Admission to the first year of B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration program is strictly based on All India Rank which is earned by the candidate in the written entrance exam
Ranks are based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Joint Entrance Exam
During the process of counseling, the candidates have to go through eligibility, verification of all the required documents and making the payment of a fee of counseling and semester fee as well.