If you feel that sleep apnea chronic snoring problem is only restricted to causing disturbed sleep, then you are highly mistaken. Here is a detailed post about the symptoms, factors and actions one needs to know as to how the sleep apnea snoring issue can also lead to heart failure problems. Read more to know about the details and actions to take to avoid heart issues.
A large number of people across the world struggle to get peaceful sleep every night and are tired of hearing their partner’s loud snoring sound! This probably might not just be a normal snoring issue but may be a symptom of sleep apnea, which causes a repeated pause of breathing during sleep. On an average, breathing is stopped by 10-20 seconds when one sleeps. This cycle reoccurs from few to hundreds of times during one night. Due to distressed sleep, this makes the person feel lethargic. Other than affecting the healthy sleep, a sleep apnea problem also disturbs the health of the heart to a great extent. Therefore, in such cases knowing the effective simple snoring treatment is a must.
1.People with high risk:
There are many reasons, which contributes to sleep apnea and affects the condition of heart. Some of the common reasons are:
- Obesity leading to excessive fat near the throat area as well
- Drinking alcohol and smoking
- People with diabetes
- Using sleeping pills for sound sleep
- Older people have looser muscles and hence snoring is more likely
- One with congestive heart failure problem
- Occurs to men more than women
2. Symptoms of sleep apnea:
While feeling lethargic and fatigue is a common issue for not getting adequate rest and sleep, there are more symptoms associated with it. Some of the common ones are-
- Needing a nap often
- Feeling drowsy at odd times even while driving
- Snoring loudly at night
- Experiencing sleep gasping and choking in the middle of the sleep and getting up abruptly.
- Waking up with dry throat and headache
- Lack of focus during work
- Not feeling fresh after getting up in morning
- Tiredness leading to pain in arms and chest
- Snoring, stressing the heart when it is supposed to rest, leading to irregular heartbeat
3. Treatment and action:
Atrial fibrillation is a type of irregular heartbeat, which also increases the risk of heart stroke and failure significantly. Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) Device creates pressure along the airway to allow sleeping without disturbance – leading to less stress on the heart. It also reduces the frequency of the irregular heartbeat extemporizing the heart strength substantially.
Therefore, this device is very beneficial for people suffering from blockage in the heart or weak heart. It is helpful for the people having sleep apnea concerns, which worsen the heart’s propelling function. Here are some of the other simple snoring cures, which will ultimately benefit heart’s health as well –
- Changing the sleeping position to sideways than on the back
- Avoid consumption of alcohol before bedtime
- Reduce or quit smoking
- Using the right pillow or elevating the head in order to create enough space for oxygen, reducing the risk on heart too
- Losing weight as an effective way
- Maintaining the healthy sleeping habit
These simple actions stated are also important in order to cure the snoring problem and maintain a healthy lifestyle, accompanied by good heart health. You should follow these techniques to get the best sleep for yourself or your partner.