With the technology change, business communication tools have witnessed a significant transformation. There has been a constant shift from traditional to internet-driven marketing programs where communication is often paperless. However, despite the modernization and digitalization of business communication tools, there is one traditional printed marketing tool that still holds a prominent place in business communication: the business cards. Whether it is B2B or B2C marketing communication, a business card is something that can never be replaced or get outdated.
The business card represents your company and acts as an introduction to the product and services you provide. Not only does it convey important personal contact information such as name, title, email, website, address, and phone number, but oftentimes it is also the first exposure to the overall image of the business. The business card reflects the personality of the company and lays the first impression. Image is everything. The quickest and easiest way to exchange data remains the paper business card. Multiple business cards can be handed out in seconds at a networking event. In this fast-paced work environment, time holds importance and nothing beats the swiftness of handing over a business card for speed. It is for these reasons that your business card design needs to be exceptionally good so that it stands out from the rest. You need to work on the business card template and come up with a layout that is worth looking at.
Here are 8 tips to make your visiting card design stand out:
- Decide the content: Do a good amount of research and decide the content for your business card. Certain things are standard for all sorts of businesses like contact information, business name, and logo. Apart from the standard information, you can even give certain additional information. Choose the content that will work in your favor and establish a good connection with your target audience. Content is the key aspect. If your content is accurate and answers the basic queries of the target audience, your business card is sure to spell the magic.
- Select the card stock: Card stock refers to the thickness of the paper used to print business cards. Always try to go for thick card stocks as they lay a good impression on the recipients and help them perceive your brand positively. It also enhances the overall look of the card and makes it more durable. A thicker card is more resistant to external damage.
- Select the shape and size: Today business cards are not limited to the standard rectangular shape and size. There are plenty of options available. You can customize the shape and size of the business card templates to suit your purpose. If it is strictly for professional purposes then stick to standard shape and size. But if you want to add some fun elements and make your business card interesting, you can experiment with the shape and size.
- Make it legible: The ultimate aim of giving out a business card is to disseminate a piece of information to your target audience. So, your business card design has to be legible. The recipient should be able to decide what you are trying to convey. Therefore, make it as readable as possible. Do not use fancy font type and keep the language simple and comprehensive.
- Use creative elements: You can make your business card template creative by adding high-quality graphics and images that represent your business. You can even use a good color theme that compliments your brand associations. You can customize the creative elements according to your business or profession.
- Give special finish: There are different types of coating and finishing available for the visiting card templates such as embossing, letterpress, foil stamping, spot UV coating, matt, etc. You can choose any one of them that works best for you. But you should give a special touch to your business to make it more appealing and worth possessing.
- Include a call-to-action: Call-to-action is the most important step. You must include this in your business cards. This statement directs your target audience to what they should do next to connect to you. Tell them what you want them to do once they have your business card. Whether it is to buy your products, check out your website, or avail to your offers or anything like that. It is important to include a call-to-action to bring the recipient back to you as a customer. It should be placed in such a manner that it is highly visible and readable.
- Hire a professional printing company: Always hire a professional printing company with good experience in printing visiting cards. DIY printing techniques will not yield the desired result. To make your business card design stand out, you must look for a good printing company that can print and design business cards of your choice.
If you successfully implement these in your business card printing, no one can stop your business from standing out in the market. As business owners, you want your consumers to perceive your brand that has a value and identity of itself, and to achieve this you need to grab the opportunity to make an impeccable first impression. To leave a strong imprint in the mind of your consumers you have to make sure that your business card template is well-designed. Professional printing companies help you in the accomplishment of your goals. Without a good web-to-print solution provider it is quite difficult to achieve that sort of perfection. If you are looking for service for printing and designing visiting cards online soon, make PrintStop your first preference. PrintStop is an online printing company that gives you the flexibility to create visiting cards online by filling colors into your imagination. They help you print and design business cards online quite efficiently. Whether you own a local shop or a large corporate, PrintStop will create an attractive business card keeping in mind the elements of effective visiting card designing. So without wasting much time get started with PrintStop’s business card printing services and promote your business effectively.