Planning a trip after the whole Covid situation is one thing we are all craving. If you are also tired during the entire lockdown and need an urgent break, you are not alone. We all are desiring a great getaway which will make us feel refresh again.
Nothing can be as good as a vacation right now. All of us, once in our lives, must have thought of visiting the United States. With so many different places and destinations, it is sure a hot vacation point for everyone. But we are still not much aware of many states which have an abundance of varieties to offer.
With 50 states, it isn’t easy to choose one among these options. Most people end up picking the most cliché destinations in America. But there is so much more to the nation than just big metropolitan cities and shopping hubs. If you plan your trip to the United States and take suggestions, then here is the one that can help you reach an underrated gem of America that is Louisville, Kentucky.
Start planning your trip and pack your bags because here in this blog, we have almost all the fantastic things to do when you are traveling in Louisville, Kentucky, to make your vacation a wonderful experience and give. You can have a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Derby: Louisville, Kentucky, is the Kentucky Derby’s home, so missing this on your trip is not a sensible idea. The best plan is to visit Churchill Downs to watch the super exciting race. This can be your getaway for the afternoon and enjoy one of the longest continually running sporting events in United States history.
It is a short race which finishes within almost 2 minutes. It is the fastest horse race that you will experience. It is often known as the “most exciting two minutes in sports.” It is because the run is only 1.25 miles, which results in a short horse race. It is held every year on the first Saturday of May since 1875.
- Go to the Best Eateries: While traveling, many things are part of our plan the monument, the buildings, and many other highlights of the city. But we cannot forget to include food in that list. If you genuinely want to know the city, you must start it with its food.
There are so many beautiful cafes and restaurants that will fill your soul. The best food picks will be tacos, coffee, burger, and fries. Only with the names, we can feel our mouth filled with the taste of it.
- Bourbon Trail: Kentucky supplies one-third of the bourbon. Louisville is the home of Kentucky bourbon, so there is no chance that you will skip his from your list. While you are wandering around, visit the bourbon trail and taste the best whiskey.
- Muhammad Ali Center: When you are at the hometown of the legend. There is no way that you won’t visit the museum, which shows Muhammad Ali’s life. It is not a boring museum but will make you motivated.
- Louisville Mega Cavern: There is the only underground course for zip line in the world in this city. If you are a fan of adventures, then this is the chance for you to have a once in a lifetime experience. But if you are not an enthusiast, then a tour is what you will love.
- Louisville Slugger Field: Are you a baseball fan. If yes, then you must watch a baseball game during the season. The place is the home to Louisville bats. This is a minor league baseball team.
- Cave Hill Cemetery: If you love watching scenic beauties and adore taking a break from a hustling vacation, then this is the right stop for you. While valuing the scenic beauty, you can also pay your regards to Muhammad Ali and Colonel Sanders. This is their resting place.
- The Brown Hotel: Do you love historical places then you must visit the brown hotel to have a drink. It is renovated and deserves a glance because of its design.
- Conrad-Caldwell House Museum: The lovers of art and architecture would have the best time here. The architecture is from 1893 and still spreads beauty and history.
- Rooftops Bar: The city has many rooftops bars, which is an excellent spot for your drinks. There are many options, but you must go for the nearest one because crossing miles again is not a good idea.
- Sit Back and Relax: Wanderlust is real, but you can ace the real essence of traveling when you slow down and watch. Do nothing and look around the culture and life of the people living in the city.
Now, you can plan your next trip successfully with the travel authority.