If you can identify a good cloud hosting provider in India you can shift your business data and applications to the cloud to enjoy benefits of scalability, affordability, and accessibility. With cloud hosting solutions you can streamline your workflows; moreover, you do not need to recruit and train IT staff for managing the hardware. Remote employees can work conveniently from any location in the globe. This becomes possible because data can be accessed regardless of location as long as the employees are using a web connected device. For small benefits, cloud hosting works the best because it lets them focus on key business work instead of having to worry about IT maintenance, security and backups
Things to look at to get a good cloud hosting provider in India:
- To begin with, you must first determine your business objectives before you take a plunge into the cloud. Not every business will benefit from cloud hosting. Once you have made a list of what you need from the provider, you should discuss these openly with the vendor to see whether it can satisfy your needs.
- When you know what your cloud computing requirements are you can also decide on the kind of service which will benefit you. For instance, companies which want online accounting solutions can benefit from Quick Books while those looking for online photo and document storage would benefit from Dropbox. Some companies may require additional storage and they have to settle for vendors which offer a suite of computing solutions like the AWS or Amazon Web Services.
- To find a good cloud hosting provider in India, you must also consider the vendor’s pricing structure. Most vendors stick to a utility pricing model where you are charged for resources you use and nothing extra. But, at the same time, you must be wary of vendors which charge upfront costs. The pricing structure should be such that you can scale up resources when you need to and you pay only for what you use. So, the bills should be charged every month or on a half-yearly or yearly basis.
- You will also need to consider the security provisions which the provider can guarantee to protect your critical data. A good cloud hosting provider in India should ideally be able to offer you robust standard security measures like firewalls and malware scans. It should also be responsible for updating these measures on a routine basis. so, before you sign up, you need to check for anti-virus detection measures, data encryption techniques, multi-factor authentication features and firewalls. You must also find out which users will have access to the data you own and store in the cloud and whether your provider carries out employee background checks before hiring them.
- You must also make sure that the cloud services provider you have selected is capable of conforming to all industry regulations specific to your industry. So, in case you run a business in the healthcare industry, the vendor should be aware of HIPAA compliance standards.
- The cloud hosting provider in India that you may have selected should inform you about the locations of its data center facilities. This will help you relax knowing that your servers are not in some unsecure room which is vulnerable and can be quickly compromised. To be sure that your data is indeed in safe custody, it is also advised that you find out how your provider plans to protect such a facility from natural disasters and from cyber thieves who are capable of stealing confidential client data. Companies which can offer a SSAE 16 certification can be considered trustworthy because these certified data centers are capable of withstanding a wide range of security threats.
- When you choose cloud services providers, it makes sense to find out what their privacy policies and data handling policies are. In other words, you need to know who all can access your information and what measures can the provider deploy to protect your confidentiality. Furthermore, you should inquire about where the data is being backed up and stored and who is responsible for doing this.
- Regardless of how popular your chosen cloud hosting provider in India is, you must always check for its reputation and get feedbacks from past clients. When taking references from others, it is better to accept these from customers who belong to the same industry and who have also deployed similar services which you are planning to.
- You also need to know what will be the effects on your business in case of a disaster. In short, the provider must have proper disaster recovery plans in place. You can even consider buying additional risk insurance for covering potential damages.
- Finally, you must find out about the exit process in case you wish to switch providers at any point of time. So, you must negotiate an exit plan even before signing up. For this, you must consider the terms which are favorable for you in terms of exit strategies and ensure there are nominal penalties involved.