Weekend and holidays calls for some quality time with your loved ones. Two days of relaxing visit to a nearby beautiful place can soothe your body and mind without burning a hole in your pocket. And when you live in a busy city like Delhi, things can get much stressful for you. Talking about the political capital of India, Delhi is really a vibrant city that has a big heart which helps in making it one of the most favourite cities in India. However, living in Delhi with a 9 to 5 job can get really hectic sometimes and in such a situation, a 2 days trip near Delhi can help you detox yourself. In this travel blogs India, we are going list some places to visit in delhi with friends and family which would work as a great weekend gateway for you. Keeping in mind your preferences, we are going to list down the places depending on their distances from Delhi.
The nearest one
There are some great places to visit in delhi with friends where you would have a fun time within an affordable budget. If you are out on a day’s trip in Delhi, then you can check out our list of places to visit in delhi ncr which are as follows,
- India Gate- this historical place is opened 24×7 and anyone can get here as entry is free.
- Hauz Khas- the village complex remains open on Monday to Saturday between 10 am to 7 pm, however the restaurants present inside the complex remains open till 11 pm.
- Red Fort- the fort remains closed on Monday and is open on other days between 9:30 am to 4:30pm. An entry fee of Rs. 10 and Rs.150 is charged for Indian and foreign citizens respectively.
- Kingdom of dreams- If you love theatre and entertainment then this huge leisure spot would truly amaze you. You can visit here from Tuesday to Friday between12:30 pm to 12am and on Saturday and Sunday, the timing is between 12 am to 12 pm. The entry fee depends on which day and which package you are opting for.
- Qutab Minar- You can visit this historical monument anytime between sunrise and sunset. However the entry fee is Rs. 30 for Indians and Rs. 500 for foreigners with free entry for children between 15 years of age.
- Lotus Temple- the beautiful architecture remains open on all days between 9 am and 7 pm (in winter) and between 9 am and 5:30 pm (in summer).
For shopping lovers
If your idea of spending an ideal day out with your friends is by shopping, then Delhi has some amazing markets which would give you everything that you need. If you read any travel blogs India, then these markets would definitely be mentioned when it comes to street shopping.
- Chadni Chowk
- Sarojini Nagar market
- Connaught Place
- Dilli Haat
Delhi has lots of options if you have planned to go out for a day. From satisfying the foodie in you, to partying or going out to historical and informative place with your family and children, Delhi has it all. However, if you are planning for a weekend trip where you are searching for places to visit near delhi within 300 kms or tourist places near delhi within 100 kms, then this article would be helpful for you as well. Read on to know more.
The bit far
If you are planning for 1 night 2 days trip near delhi on your next weekend, then this list would provide to be the most helpful one for you. Read on the activities in order to decide which place would cater to your needs. Firstly, we are listing down some places that lies within 300 kms from Delhi.
- Rishikesh- this would be the ideal spot for you if you like adventurous sports like river rafting and trekking. Rishikesh gives you a high adrenaline rush along with some amazing views. You can also go for the Yoga retreats here, to relax your body and soul.
- Jaipur- this is one of the famous tourist places in rajasthan near delhi where you can see many historical palaces like Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar etc. The city is also very beautiful with rich cultural heritage.
- Mussoorie- If you love going to mountains then Mussoorie is the queen of hills. Here you can go for beautiful sightseeing and trekking. This is one of the best destination to live in peace in the mountains.
The Farthest one
Now if you greater number of holidays and wishes to go for a vacation that is not far away and within budget, then this list is going to be really helpful for you. These are the ideal places to visit near delhi in march, which means the weather in these places are pleasant even during summers. The distance of all of these places lie somewhere between 300 and 600 km from Delhi.
- Shimla- this is at a distance of about 343 kms from Delhi and is also one of the most favorite and famous holidaying destination for people living in India. Trekking is a very famous adventurous sport here.
- Dharamshala- If you love adventure and culture then this is the place for you. Located at a distance of about 475 kms from Delhi, dharamshala is a great choice when it comes to trekking. You can also relax and go for cycling and sightseeing here. The place also has some great old temples that you should definitely check out.
- Kasol- this place is gaining a lot of attention in the recent times. This is because the place is really calm and quite. You can go here with your friends on trekking and then camp to the sight of beautiful mountains. A bon fire under the starry night with your friends in a pleasant weather among the mountains would be an experience that you would never forget.