Are you searching for ways to cut cost when moving? Have you considered a do-it-yourself move by renting the moving truck? Well, you may take a big decision so that be calm and think twice before doing anything. A DIY move not only saves your money but also renders the flexibility to decide when to start and end your move. When it comes to taking Moving Truck Rental service from the professional company, you must look for some important consideration to ensure the move hassle-free. To know about them, continue reading!
Tips to rent the moving truck
Once you have decided to hire a moving truck, never speak about your need with the truck owner on the phone and book their truck. Firstly, you must do certain homework to weight all the important aspects surrounding renting the moving truck. Below mentioned are those important considerations to keep in mind.
- Hire a reputable truck rental company, which has a license
- Ensure the truck you rent has a valid insurance coverage
- Consider the safety when you are the one to drive the truck
- Seek professional driver help when you are unaware of traffic conditions, and other roadworthiness
- Carry out the truck inspection before and after use
- Try to book the truck in advance
- Research about the truck rental company online beforehand
- Get a quote from the company and evaluate things such as the size of truck you rent, duration, and distance of the move. Then, ensure the quoted amount is optimal
- Be aware of additional fuel, insurance costs, moving supplies, add-on accessories, etc
Importance of choosing the truck size
Just like hiring a reputable truck rental service, choosing the right truck service matters a lot in ensuring tension free move. In fact, the right truck size is vital to transporting all your goods without any damage. Additionally, it never makes you get into trouble when loading and unloading things. Choosing the truck with too much or little space for available belongings is always a hassle. Are you looking for a guide on How to choose the right rental truck size? Well, you can make use of the following things.
- The general thumb rule for sizing the truck for relocation is three cubic feet of space allotted for every room
- Based on this, a 24-cubic foot truck is essential for carrying eight rooms worth of belongings
- Always determine the items you wish to move beforehand to hire the proper truck size
- Choose the truck, which is slightly larger than what you have expected for a better move
Hire moving truck in advance to avoid missing out
As mentioned earlier, you must make your moving arrangement in advance i.e. before three months especially when you have decided to do DIY move. Draft the inventory that has things you must move and pack them properly with right supplies to ensure a safe move. Research and hire the best truck rental company. Load the items in the truck using the moving supplies, drive the truck carefully, and unload the items after reaching the destination.
So, now that you know the secrets of booking the right moving truck rental, go ahead and make your next move a complete success.