If you have cellulite, chances are you are looking for any effective way to reduce its appearance.
What is cellulite and what causes it? Cellulite is a condition of dimpled or lumpy skin which generally affects the thighs or buttocks. These lumpy areas are caused by fat deposits which have surfaced through the skin’s connective tissue.
While some believe cellulite may affect women more than men, sources at Men’s Health Cures say that this believe is a myth, and that men suffer with the issue of cellulite on their body’s just as much.
Cellulite can happen to anyone. According to some sources, fat is not the penultimate culprit behind the accumulation or formation of cellulite. So, what is?
Apparently, it has to do with the connective tissue beneath the skin, which can harden and contract. Sources say the weakening of theses tissues causes stored fat to push outward to the surrounding areas.
However, it is important to note that it does not matter how fat or skinny a person is— they, too, can suffer from cellulite.
What to do to reduce the appearance of cellulite
So how do you reduce the appearance of those pesky cellulite lumps? For some, it is nearly impossible to minimize the look of cellulite. According to sources, the exact causes of cellulite can be hard to pin down. Why? Because there are a variety of causes of cellulite, including:
- Environmental factors
Well, below are the eight most effective ways to reduce the appearance of cellulite:
- Losing weight can help reduce the appearance of cellulite? How? Well, it is true that a person who is either skinny or fat may have cellulite. However, sources say that extra weight often makes the cellulite you do have even more visible. It is advised to lose weight gradually as opposed to rapidly, as this leads to loose skin tone and may have adverse effects on reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Quit smoking because smoking can cause skin to weaken even faster. According to sources, smoking causes the blood that travels to your skin, which causes it to become thinner. This, in turn, can make cellulite even more visible. According to Consumer Health Digest, there has been a link between higher rates of cellulite in women who smoke, as compared to a lower incidence of cellulite in those who did not smoke. Sources say that the chemicals contained within cigarettes may cause a decrease in the body’s ability to produce collagen, which is known to maintain elasticity and overall tone in skin. Normally, as a person ages, collagen breaks down naturally. However, a person who habitually smokes may be at a greater risk of seeing the signs of premature aging. One result of this is a compromise in the structure and stability of the skin.
- Exfoliate and use hydrating creams, preferably with Retinol, as sources say that dry skin may cause cellulite dimples to look worse. Rubbing on your things, buttocks, and hips with exfoliants and creams may help to keep you looking smooth and sleek as possible.
- Eating well can keep excess fat from spiking insulin levels, which is believed to contribute to cellulite formation. Sources say that while it may not be true for all people, eliminating a high fat diet may assist in reducing the appearance of cellulite or cottage cheese dimples. However, according to sources, any weight gain may lead to increased cellulite.
- Gelatin may also have benefits for those seeking to reduce the appearance of their cellulite. How? Gelatin is said to contain many benefits, including the firming of loose skin, as well as increased collagen. What’s even better about gelatin? Some sources say it may even help to reduce or eliminate the looks of fine lines, stretch marks, and even wrinkles.
- Exercise promotes circulation and healthy blood flow. It also tones muscle and burns fat. Particularly helpful exercises such as squats have been known to improve the tone, shape, and overall appearance of the buttocks, hips, and thighs. For more details on how to try to reduce the amount of cellulite you see, check out this video:
- Drinking water keeps the body hydrated while preventing the skin from looking shriveled, leathery, or just plain dried out. Drinking clean, pure water every day can keep the body functioning, everything flowing, and the appearance of your cellulite looking more and more unnoticeable.
- Anti-cellulite creams The above seven ways to reduce cellulite may work for some but not all. Depending on your genetic makeup and hormone levels, cellulite may be harder to get rid of than you think. But, there are still options for you. You may also consider laser treatments, anti-cellulite creams or surgery to effectively remove or reduce the appearance of your cellulite.
Cellulite Solution by Dermology is a cellulite-fighting cream that contains natural ingredients which are individually selected to reduce the appearance of cellulite. In fact, according to the makers of Dermology Cellulite Solution, the product is capable of minimising fat deposits within the stomach, arms, legs, hips, buttocks, and other similar areas. However, before you try out any cellulite creams or one of the above methods, always consult to your dermatologist or do your research to learn more about each treatment.
While cellulite affects a high number of people, its causes are unclear for everyone. It can be genetics, diet, or other factors that cause cellulite in any one individual. However, reducing the appearance of cellulite can benefit anyone and everyone.
Dimpled skin is often the result of fat deposits coming to the surface. It is important to maintain a healthy, low-carb diet, as well as exercise, and take care of cellulite-ridden areas by exfolitating, moisturizing, and keeping skin looking as healthy as possible.
If you are struggling with reducing the amount of cellulite on your body, there are options such as Cellulite Solution by Dermology, as well as surgical and other one-time solutions.